May Cyber Tip
Banks have been in the news recently for many reasons, including bank accounts being compromised. The following tips might help keep the money in your bank accounts protected:
1. Sign up for transaction alerts.
2. Review your statements every month or, even better, log in to online access to check ongoing transaction activity.
3. Pay with a credit card not a debit card. A debit card allows a criminal to access your bank account, while a credit card offers more protection.
4. Do not keep a lot of cash in your checking account. The less money you have in your checking account the less money a criminal will have access to.
5. Never reply to a text or email message from your bank. Look up your local branch phone number on the bank’s official website and call them directly if you have any questions.
1733 Park Street Suite 350 Naperville, IL. 60563
(331) 204-6230 Direct
(331) 229-8632 Fax
Investment advisory services provided by Lantz Financial, LLC, an SEC registered investment adviser.
Non-investment topics discussed are for informational purposes only and should not be considered legal, tax or cybersecurity advice. Individuals should consult with their own legal, tax or cybersecurity expert concerning their own specific situation.